TABLE OF CONTENTS
RocketGate's gateway allows you to process your payment using the Network Tokens provided by VISA and Mastercard, for your Merchant. The use of Network Token instead of PAN (Primary Account Number, in other word the credit card number) increases the security level of the payment, and by doing so reduces the cost at the acquirer side and increase the approval rate.
Token is a widely used term, in this particular context we refer to VISA / Mastercard using a combination of “PAN + Merchant” to create a Network token. This Network Token can be used for subsequent transactions, for ONE merchant only. Merchant in this context means the company, the legal entity, and can have multiple accounts at different banks.
When a customer joins for the first time, and provide his credit card
When an existing customer does a 1-click payment, or any other sort of CIT
When an MIT transaction is triggered (rebills, or Unscheduled-MIT)
How to get started?
Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org to setup your merchant for Network Tokenization.
Here is the information that RocketGate requires to enroll your merchant with VISA and Mastercard:
- company primary legal name
- primary website url
- company city
- company country code
- primary contact email
- business identification type
- business identification value (like the EIN in the US)
You can enable Network Tokenization on your RocketGate Merchant, or on specific Site(s).
- Cascading logic remains untouched, the Network token will be used when the processor / acquirer supports it, and the PAN will be used if the processor / acquirer does not support Network Tokenization
- Not all processor and acquirers do support Network Token at this moment, so when the transaction is routed to a processor/acquirer that does not support Network Token, the PAN will be used for the transaction. To know if your processor / acquirer support Network Token, please ask at email@example.com
- The Network Token can be used by one Merchant, and therefore the PAN will be used for X-Sell if the target account is under a different Merchant.
- During the pilot phase, If the network token transaction is declined, the transaction will cascade on the same account using the PAN.
- A Network token will be created for new customers only
Here are a list of the features and options RocketGate will implement gradually:
- 3DS: the flow of event to combine Network token and 3DS is the following: create the token, create a cryptogram, do the 3DS authentication using the token, run the transaction
- Card Art: the Schemes could send an actual image of the credit card (without the PAN) replicating all the look and feel of the physical card provided by the issuer. This card art image could be used by the merchant to showcase it on the customer
- Migration of existing Customers: for the existing customers and card-on-file, a Network Token could be created on the next payment, either CIT or MIT.
TABLE OF CONTENTS